The sun is setting.

Yiseon stares at the shadows stretching below. The darkness extends and eats up the sunlight. With his back against the sun, he keeps staring down at the shadow until he feels a vibration in his pocket.

Checking the name on the screen, Yiseon answers the call with a short sigh. He should have called this person as soon as he finished the job but forgot since his mind has been distracted all day.

"16th street has been restored."

"Nice, Yiseon-ah! You're amazing as always. Why don't you dial it down next time? Leave a few cracks behind."

"And you're not gonna give me any work if I do."

"Oh, come on! I'm joking!"

While Yiseon calmly responds to the rather playful remark, a laugh is heard from the other side. It isn't even a funny conversation, but he very much appreciates it. In his free hand, Yiseon holds a cake box. He gently lifts it and stares at it. The box is surprisingly heavy.

"I'm hanging up now. Call me again later."

"Has it even been a minute? Are you going to be so cold to me? This is really weird, Yiseon-ah. I'm definitely the one who gives you a job, I'm the boss here. But you always hang up first. Other Restorers never do that, you know. They even ask how I am doing..."

Yiseon quietly breathes out listening to the long words. A prolonged conversation means there is something this man needs to say.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Right, you dislike trivial talks the most."

"If you don't have anything more to say, I'm hanging up."

"No, wait! Wait! I'll tell you!"

He is shrieking. Yiseon is about to leave, but since the voice on the other side is too loud, he pauses.

"So...we got a big catch this time. You know that class A dungeon that appeared in Songpa-gu a few days ago? It happened in front of the district office's annex and the building collapsed. Well, the damage it did is a class C, but they're offering a class B payout. We got the restoration rights first, and if you go..."

"Not interested."

"Wait, wait, Yiseon-ah! Listen to the amount first!"

"I'm hanging up."

"I'm just really worried about you, okay?"

Yiseon's hand, which is about to hang up, stops mid-air. This has always been his reaction each time he heard someone is worried about him.

"You're still staying in Yongin, Yiseon-ah. How can I not be worried? I know you don't want to show your face to people, but let's make some money and move, okay? If you don't like Seoul, there's still plenty of places in Gyeonggi-do."

"......"

"I told you to come to my house and you said no, you wanted to stay home by yourself. It's great that you now have a dream to build a house, but you have to make money. Why won't you use your ability to achieve that dream? If I were you, I would have built three, no, five buildings in Gangnam!"

Yiseon takes a short breath and swallows it. It's frustrating. The feeling of not being able to catch up with even a sigh slides down his throat. He who has been keeping his mouth shut, then murmurs.

"...I like quiet places."

"No, no matter how quiet a place is, why did you choose Yongin?"

"I appreciate your concern, but I'm not taking it. I'll hang up now."

"Wait, Yiseon-ah! Then, how about the HN Guild?"

“Come again?"

Suddenly, an unexpected―no, completely out of the blue-name pops up.

Yiseon has always carefully stayed away from the media and official awakening activities, HN Guild should be unaware.

"I got a call from Hyeon Sa today. Does he know your number or where you live?"

"...Sorry? Why would that person be looking for me?"

"I don't know either... At first, I also thought it was a prank call, but it was clearly Hyeon Sa's voice. Man, HN Guild. I thought it was a dream for Hyeon Sa to call me directly."

"So, did you sell my info?"

"Who do you think I am? I told him I don't know. But he repeated the question if I know anything about you. That's when I got goosebumps. The way he talked...it's like he already knew you are in hiding?"

"......"

"Then he also asked me if you'd like to work with him. Of course, I told him again I don't know. But you know what he said before he hang up? 'Call him'. I was dumbfounded."

Yiseon is someone who decided to go into a dormant sleep after 'that day'. He never went to crowded places and always avoided restorations that can attract attention. Many people and guilds are looking for his whereabouts, but he keeps laying low. All he does is small jobs he gets from the man currently on phone.

"I know you're still in hiding, but it's HN Guild. Besides, it's Hyeon Sa who's asking, doesn't that mean he needs you in Chord?"

"Why does he even need me in Chord? To clean up after their raid?"

"Well, maybe. Still, it's HN, the number one guild. Think about it."

Mistaking Yiseon's silence as a sign of interest, the man's voice brightens up.

"The HN guild also gives a house to their awakeners. They're famous for their welfare program. They treat their people very well."

"I'm not interested."

"What, why? Yiseon-ah, did mishear you?"

"I don't plan to join any guilds, and still no even though the leader himself personally comes to me to scout. So if that person calls you again, please just say you don't know me. I'm hanging up."

"Wait a minute―" The man's cry cut off.

But a text pops up on Yiseon's phone screen right as he is about to put it back in his pocket. It is full of typos indicating that it was typed in a hurry.

Seon-ah, u chanhge your mind riht here!!!

Hyeon Sa's contact information is attached below it. Yiseon stares at the number for a moment before turning off the screen. His decision is inviolable.

Hyeon Sa is the face of HN Guild and one of the best S-class hunters. He is always number 1 in people's eyes despite the fact that comparing S-classes is pointless. Leader of the HN Guild's special elite team, Chord324. A team that despite being part of the HN Guild, feels like a separate organization.

But it is thanks to that elite team that HN Guild was able to rise to the top in Korea. Making most hunters want to become its members while the general public applauds it.

And now, that Chord324's leader Hyeon Sa is looking for Yiseon. It is beyond belief. And of course, there is no reason for that man to look for him.

Because Yiseon Jeong is an S-class Restorer.

Decades ago, dungeons started appearing on earth. At the same time, Awakeners began to surface. Each time a dungeon appears, everything around it will be destroyed. Even after it cleared, the damage it had done remained behind. The higher the level of a dungeon, the greater the damage it causes.

The devastation is fixed by Restorers, people who possess the ability to repair things to their original state. Of course, it is difficult to completely restore the original shape of damaged buildings. That's why construction company will take over afterward.

But that was people's knowledge before Yiseon's appearance. He is the only S-class Restorer, able to perfectly restore the original state of a building without the help of a construction company.

However, Yiseon's ability is useful only in the 'aftermath' of the dungeon. So Hyeon Sa, a hunter who enters a dungeon, should have not a single reason to look for Yiseon. Well, Yiseon doesn't care though. Right now he just wants to come back home. 

Glancing at the cake box in one of his hands, he hastens his steps. Only when he reaches his town does he slow down again. Yongin used to be a town with a lot of people too, but now it is like a deserted town with so few people living here. He pauses for a while.

On the roadside ahead, Yiseon spots something very out of place.

"......"

That is a black sedan of a well-known brand that even Yiseon, who has no interest in cars, can recognize. Someone is leaning against the car.

"Hello, Mr. Yiseon Jeong. It was quite hard to find you, you know."




=======

CLASS RANKS SYSTEM

Strongest to weakest:
  1. S-class
  2. A-class
  3. B-class
  4. C-class
  5. D-class
  6. E-class



TOC  •  NEXT