BIGBUTADORABLE.BL0GSPOT.C0M

"Max, where and what did you do yesterday?"

Jeremy shoots Max straight with a question the next day.

Max frowns. He isn't in the best of moods this morning, his head is throbbing violently because he only got to sleep at 3 last night and now he has to get up again for work.

"Oh, I just went to Kinch like usual since Lily said she would buy me a drink. Somehow, I joined the next table and our conversation dragged way longer..."

"Some young boy took you home yesterday."

"Oh, who was it again? Was it Woody...?"

The handsome man suffering from hangover glugs a glass of water and shakes his head. There is a hint of annoyance in his voice, as though he is protesting that he is not interested to carry on this conversation. Far from saying sorry.

Fed up with his insolence, Jeremy raises his voice.

"Maximus! You should apologize. You told me you're not going to drink until late at night again."

"I couldn't help it. Besides, it wasn't that late at night."

"So 1 a.m. is early?"

"Jeremy, we both need to go to work. Let's talk about this later in the evening. I'm a little tired."

"What? Are you saying I gave you a hard time?”

"Yes. I think you are. You're too obsessed with me."

Jeremy freezes. He can't believe what just slipped out of Max's mouth.

"W-what...? What did you just say? Seriously? If I wasn't home yesterday, I'm sure you would have rolled around on the bed with the Woody Eddy boy!"

Jeremy knows yelling like that won't cool things down. Yet, he doesn't care now. His face reddens in anger.

"I can't even get an erection when I'm drunk," retorts Max coldly.

"......"

"See you later."

And so, he stands up and leaves Jeremy in shock.

Should he be grateful that his boyfriend still says 'see you later' instead of 'let's end it'? This is sooo unfair. And wrong. But even though he is very familiar with Max's drinking habits, Jeremy knows that, soon enough, he will forgive his lover again like always.

Probably because his Maximus Riddell is perfect―except for his bad drinking habit, of course. A guy like him is too scarce to find in the world. Jeremy has settled here on this disgusting little island for none other than his lover. He has accepted this dull everyday life.

Jeremy doesn't want Max throwing harsh words at him and then giving up their relationship. All Jeremy wants is an apology from his mouth. That's all.

Jeremy forces himself to devour the cereal and get ready to go to his small store. Let's see if he'll be able to get over his anger in the evening or if he'll continue to be annoyed until tomorrow.


***


"Jeremy, what do you want for dinner tonight? Anything, just tell me."

"...Max?"

This guy must have gotten cold feet.

He didn't seem to be out and about today and is home on time. The air conditioner is running smoothly, and he even asks if Jeremy is ready for dinner. But no matter how nonchalant Max sounds, Jeremy has to get straight to the point.

"Wait," says Jeremy, "we need to talk."

"What talk? The last time we had a bet on a football team? I think I lost and was supposed to treat you... Should we go out then?"

"No, Max. About what happened this morning."

"In the morning?"

Max repeats in a tone that suggests he doesn't remember a thing. Jeremy is annoyed. This young boy knows he had made a mistake but is too pompous to apologize, so he is playing dumb. But to pretend it never happened? Jeremy begging to differ.

This isn't the Max Jeremy knows.

No matter how much he likes partying and drinking, Max is always quick to apologize if Jeremy pointed it out. He is shocked to see Max acts like it never happened.

"Yeah! You were out drinking until 1 a.m. last night, and Woody or Eddie or whoever it was gave you a ride home. We fought about it this morning."

"Really...? I don't remember... Oh my God, honey, I must have been really, really drunk. I don't remember a thing...I'm sorry."

Jeremy is delighted to hear that, but at the same time, he still feels suspicious.

It's too weird that they had such a big fight this morning, yet Max doesn't remember any of it. He's starting to get a little worried at this point.

"I was so worried about you last night. You didn't pick up my calls, and then you were home, so drunk you could barely walk..." Jeremy says, his voice breaking.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I don't know how else to apologize but I'm truly sorry."

"Are you sure you don't remember?"

"Yeah. I can't remember what happened yesterday... Please forgive me. I won't get drunk like that again."

"......"

Jeremy's blue eyes flutter at the mention of never drinking again. Max shows a gentle smile.

Jeremy knows that if he moves on, the same thing will happen again, but he doesn't have the stomach for it when his favorite face is smiling oh-so-beautifully at him like that. 

Jeremy sighs and starts to run his hands through Max's wiry blond hair.

"If you ever drink like that again, I'm seriously going to kick you out of the house."

"Cross my heart. Anyway, what's for dinner?"

It is impossible to get mad at the man who wraps his arms around Jeremy's waist, clinging to him, and asking him in such an adorable voice.

Jeremy laughs. But little does he know, something huge is going to happen.




PREV   •   TOC   •   NEXT



RELATED NOVELS: