Back home after restoring the annex of the city district office, Yiseon calls Won to tell him that he needs a break for the next few days. Won, who is still in an overjoyed mood, agrees right away. He lets Yiseon do whatever he wants.

At the restoration this time, Yiseon purposely left some cracks so that people will not be suspicious. Still, Won is beyond satisfied with the result. He even brags about other restoration companies being jealous of him for having an A-class employee.

Whenever a dungeon appears, the association rates the damage level and takes bids for the restoration rights. Only large guilds employ their own Restorers. Small and medium-sized guilds usually can't afford them, so most are outsourced from agencies that hold restoration rights.

Not all restoration companies operate on a large scale too. Take Won Taesik for example. His restoration business is relatively small. That's why he is overjoyed when Yiseon called that he had finished his job at the city district office.

Yiseon slumps on the bed looking at the amount of money that has just been deposited into his account. He doesn't doubt Mr. Won, but he keeps running into Hyeon after finishing his job. So he is not going to take any jobs for a while.

Yiseon is actually lazy to leave the house. He just wants to stay inside for an indefinite time. The problem is, he can't cook. His friends used to be the ones to do that for him.

Thus, Yiseon is forced to go out to buy some instant food. No convenience stores around his house, so he has to walk quite a distance to get there. However, unfortunately, on the way back, he again has to face Hyeon in front of the station.

"We meet again, Yiseon."

Yiseon doesn't have any idea what time it is, but the man is seen dressed in a neat suit like he has just left his office. There is no car in sight, perhaps he parked it somewhere else.

It has only been less than a day since their meeting this dawn. Yiseon is truly frustrated to have to deal with him again.

"They say three coincidental meetings count as fate. I guess we must be fated."

"In other words, you've been stalking me for these past few days."

Even with the extremely sarcastic comment, Hyeon does not drop the smile on his face. Feeling as if he may be swept away by this man's wordplay again, Yiseon decides to draw a line.

"You're starting to annoy me with all these meetings, you know."

"Well, I want to have a pleasant meeting too, but what can I do if you won't contact me? This is going to be unpleasant, but please, bear with me."

"I'm pretty busy right now, I'll call you later."

"Hmm, busy, huh? You're on a break, though?"

"Did you tap on my phone?"

"No, I did not. But think of it as my effort because I seriously want to work with you, Mr. Yiseon Jeong," says Hyeon with a smile.

Despite Yiseon's firm rejection, it feels getting harder and harder to deal with this person.

"I've told you several times, I'm not interested in high-profile work. I don't care about the money or whatever you offer me. I don't want to show my face in public. It's starting to feel like you're trying to force me," Yiseon is gasping out saying that. "Well, I do have another job. I'm busy, so please stop coming to find me."

"What's keeping you so busy, Yiseon?"

"I don't need to explain it to you. Now, if you'll excuse me."

"You seem to be interested in potions."

"...Sorry?"

Yiseon, who is about to pass Hyeon, turns his head to the man. The blood on his face is slowly fading out.

"I noticed you kept buying potions with the money you got from restoring class D damage. Abnormal status recovery potions at that. Don't tell me you're using that to handle your PTSD?"

"......"

"I don't know the exact reason why you're always so busy when there is no one left to live with you," Hyeon mutters quietly and smiles. "It does make me curious though. As if you hid something in that house of yours?"

Yiseon is out of words. How much does this person know? He acts as if he already knew a lot. And while saying that, this man's eyes look straight at Yiseon, making him feel more intimidated.

Hyeon smiles, then bends over to level his head with Yiseon's eyes. Whispering, "Mr. Yiseon Jeong. Let me clarify one thing before I leave."

He turns his back to the dim sunlight, and Yiseon who stands before him feels like he is trapped in this man's shadow. Contrary to his smile, Hyeon's shaded face looks really cold.

And then, comes a tap on Yiseon's shoulder as a warning.

 "I have yet to force you to do anything."




PREV  •  TOC  •  NEXT