TL cheev4  •  ED pomegranad
Read at bigbutad0rable . bl0gspot . c0m

My heart was pounding. I was so happy to hear my mother's voice. She broke the choking moment. I pulled my hand out of Choi's grasp.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"I bought Hotteok on the way home, can you come out and eat?"

"Now is..."

"Why? What are you doing in your room?"

You'd have a heart attack if you found out, Mom. Your adopted son, Choi Suho, just kissed me. And it was already the second time. I may even appear on an entertainment program tomorrow.

“Cuz Suho is here.”

“Suho’s here?”

Mom asked, sounding surprised.

"Yes, he's with me."

“Can I come in? Suho, do you want to eat Hotteok too?"

“Suho is sick.”

Urgent footsteps rushed straight into my room. The door swung open, and my fussy-looking mother appeared.

"Suho, are you sick?"

"It’s nothing. I'm just a bit tired."

"Kiyoung Hyung said that he had gone back and forth to the emergency room."

“Oh my gosh. If you're really sick, just tell me! Would you like some porridge and hot tea?"

Hesitating, Suho looked at my mother and me alternately then pulled out his cell phone from his pocket and checked something on his screen.

"It's okay. I think I should go now. I have work to do."

He was going to go to work. At least he did not really think about quitting yet. Wait, why am I relieved?

"You should rest, son."

"I'm better now. Yeol took care of me."

"Yeol?"

Mom looked at me as if I had grown two heads.

"What?"

"What? Oh, I'm proud of you."

"Did you just realize you're proud of me? Anyway, I'll take him out."

I hurried to the front door before my mother said anything more. I pushed Suho's back into the elevator and acted as usual as possible.

"Are you going back to work? Shouldn't you go to the hospital first?"

I didn't want us to feel awkward, so I decided to talk.

"I need to see Kiyoung-hyung. He said the company is noisy because of me," said Choi Suho looking at his phone while his other hand was pressed to his forehead.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Choi Suho nodded. I was not relieved to receive a positive answer.

"Tell me if you're having a hard time. Why do you always pretend to be mature when you would come to me and whine about small matters?"

Choi laughed at the blunt remarks.

"Yeol, I really like you."  

Again. That stupid “I like you”.

The elevator dinged. I kept my mouth shut and waved my hand as Choi Suho got out of the elevator. I stood still looking at his back as it got farther and farther away and disappeared between the buildings.

My legs finally relaxed. I pretended to be fine, but honestly, I was in a mess. I remembered Choi Suho's lips on mine. Kissing a childhood friend casually was simply out of my common sense.

Suho would definitely do it again. There's no way I can shake him off if Choi starts pestering me again. I was already at a loss.

How did this happen?

I sat down when the elevator opened on the first floor. I couldn't move. The man who got out of the elevator glanced past me weirdly.

I did not care. I was not in a situation to care about others. Just thinking about Choi Suho alone made my head explode.

It was not that difficult not to care about others, but why was Choi Suho different?  

I looked back on my past in the elevator. No matter how much I thought about it, Choi Suho's name was everywhere. He was a person inseparable from me.

"Yeol, wash your hands before eating the Hotteok."

"Yes."  

"So you made up with Suho?"

See, as soon as I entered my house, Choi Suho's name was what welcomed me.

"Uh-huh."

Can I call it reconciliation?

"What uh-huh? You're embarrassed, aren't you?"

"Mom."

"What?"

"How did I end up like this with Choi Suho?"

Yes, mom, how did this happen?  

"Why are you so absentminded all of a sudden?"

"No...nothing."

"You became close to Suho. You brought him here."  

That's right. One day, I learned that little Suho did not eat properly at home, so I grabbed his hand and dragged him here. Before I knew that he was a young master who lived better than me.

"You said you'd marry Suho then."

"No, stop it."

"But that's true though. He is a man now but he was so pretty back then."

Yeah, I was the one who mistook him.

My first meeting with Choi began with a misunderstanding.





PREV  •  TOC  •  NEXT