TL cheev4  •  ED pomegranad
Reed at bigbutadorabIe . bl0gsp0t . c0m

"Did you really have to show up on TV with your face busted up like this?"

Seeing it right in front of my eyes was even more spectacular. Suho looked particularly pitiful.

I didn't leave immediately and instead rummaged through the medicine box in the end.  At the bottom compartment of the box, lay the bruise ointment, covered in dust.

"Why? I still look handsome, don't I?"

He knew how to speak. It was annoying that he was aware of his good-looking face and even more annoying that I couldn't even refute it. Why was this basteerd so handsome?

"What a waste of your face."

"I'm hurt. Could you put the ointment on me?"

“Raise your left hand.”

Choi Suho raised his left hand almost right away. He was being very obedient.

"Now, your right hand."

He switched up too fast.

"Both your hands look okay, though? Put it on yourself."

Suho's face blanked. I felt proud that I was able to fool him.

“Yeol-ah.”

He said, only sparing me a mere glimpse. Alas, Choi Suho was very skilled at handling me.

"Yeol-ah..."

“I told you not to make that face.”

“What face?”

That face. He knew exactly what face he was making. A pathetic pleading face that was so enchantingly beautiful. Honestly, what an a**hole.

I took a deep breath and picked up the medicine box. Choi Suho moved and plopped himself in front of me.

"Yeol is so kind."

“Shut up."

"So sweet too."

He kept on grinning even when I started to apply the ointment to his face. His usually droopy eyes creased, resembling a cheerful puppy as he smiled.

“Yeol-ah.”

“Stop calling my name, will ya? It’s hurting my ears.”

"Yes, yes I'll stop. But listen, I’m not dating Lee Yujin."

My hand stopped. My irritation doubled so I lowered my hand from Suho's face.

"And?"

As if expecting my reaction, Choi Suho kept his smile.

“What does that have to do with me?”

“Isn’t it good that I’m not dating Lee Yujin?”

“Hey, Choi Suho.”

Suho closed his mouth at my low voice.

“Stop it.”

Listen here, I'm just trying to move on in peace. But woah, how dare he say that with such a calm tone and smiling face after taking someone else's lover. But considering that it was coming from a Choi Suho, it was indeed in character for him. But it was still annoying since I was one of the victims and experienced it firsthand.

“Why did you like Lee Yujin?”

Choi Suho, staring at me, suddenly asked.

So many reasons. Lee Yujin's straight hair suited her very well. She had a cute voice, liked boxing, and sincerely cheered me to take up a sports major. She was a good girl.

Above all else, I felt comfortable whenever I was with Yujin. And last year, during the most painful time I’d ever experienced, that girl stayed by my side.

“Because she's pretty.”

“Aren’t I prettier?”

Choi Suho smiled brightly, pointing at his face. How amazing. And what's even more amazing was how he was not wrong. Of course, he was different from a girl, but he had his own kind of prettiness.

Shameless basteerd.

"Are you and Yujin even alike?"

"Then what makes us different?"

"Everything from your heads to toes. Hey, I gave you the food, I’m leaving.”

“Shall I date Yujin then?”

His eyes observed me, his mouth spitting out words as if the conversation from before never happened. Almost like an opponent making a speed jab in the ring. Preparing to guess and observe how I react to his words, and to hook me the moment he sees an opening.

Never strike first and aim for the counter while taking steps. If I fall for it, it's all over. If I don't want to be fooled by a few words and end up KO-ing, I have to keep my guard up always.

"Do whatever you feel like."

If you want to date her, just do it. Why bother even asking me? Dumbshit.

"Well, if you’re just going to play with her, then don't. Don't hurt her. She really likes you. Treat her nice if you're being serious."

Yujin was a good girl. If Suho truly liked her, I’d wish them well.

I'm not yet an adult. I would feel hurt, but that's okay. Time will heal. I would eventually let them go sincerely.

“I’m not going to date her.”

“And?”

“I don’t like her.”

"......"

"I approached her and kept seeing her because she was dating you."

I was proud to have already guessed that Choi Suho was not interested in Lee Yujin, but hearing him say things like that casually made me feel betrayed.

“Is it right to use people and throw them away like that?” I asked, not looking at Suho, closing the ointment lid and putting it back in the medicine box.

"How can you do that to people?"

Choi Suho looked directly at me. My eyes stung.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry about?"

For ridiculing Yujin by contacting and seeing her behind my back? Then telling her that you wouldn't even look at her if it wasn't because of me? Oh, and are you messing around with me too right now?

So many things he had done that I couldn't even list them all.

"I'm going."

But what's the point in blaming this kid? Choi Suho was always like this and I'm a sinner who always ends up forgiving him.

"Don't go. I'm sorry."

"I'm going home to wash up. Make sure you eat that."

I didn't plan to stay long anyway. It was still not the time to see Choi Suho face to face. I got up from my seat, and Suho followed suit.

"Can you not go?"

"I'm busy. Have to train."

"It's my fault. Don't go."

It was always like this. Do you think everything will pass so easily again?

I got up with a firm stance, but Choi Suho didn't know how to give up. "Yeol-ah, Yeol-ah," he called.

“If you know that it’s not right, don’t do it in the first place.”

I turned my back coldly on Choi Suho.

"My mom called yesterday. She said she's coming to Korea soon."

Now that I had turned around, all that was left was stepping out of the front door. I did not fucking care about any of the nonsense he had spouted.

"I wanted to tell you, but I held it in. I thought you'd be mad at me."

"......"

"I held it in thinking about you."

The voice that brushed my ears subsided, heavy like cotton soaked in water. I tried not to look back as I stepped onto the porch. I heard the sound of steps approaching behind me.

"Please..."

Yet again, he played the pathetic pretender. I was tired of this pattern. No, I refuse to fall for this trick again.

“Yeol-ah.”

A large body wrapped around my back. Suho's arms tightly hugged my waist and rubbed his cheek against my shoulder.

I placed both my hands on the arms that were wrapped around my waist, struggling to force them off my body. Then, I tried to shake them off, but Suho's arms were too persistent.

Suho knew I wouldn't have the heart to shake him off, he embraced me with all his might. His soft breath touched my ear.

"Yeol-ah, I missed you."

Why on earth am I so weak towards Choi Suho? He really is an opponent I shouldn't fight.




PREV  •  TOC  •  NEXT