TL cheev4  •  ED pomegranad
Reed at bigbutadorabIe . bl0gsp0t . c0m

Hot vapour billowed from the steamer. Around the cooking crabs sat Choi Suho, my family and I. Warm chatter filled the dining table. Laughter too. I was the only one who was silent.

“I met him on the way so we decided to walk here together.”

"I'll pack you some food."

"You liked stewed pork with burdock root last time,right? I'll put that in too. Anyway, what's wrong with your face?"

“I got hurt while filming, but I'm okay though. There are just some light bruises left, I'll be good again in no time."

"How could they let you get hurt like this? Dad, you need to feed him more, not me."

"You look thinner. Did you not eat well on set? Hey, son, just come here if you don't have any food at home. I haven't seen your face these days. Aren't you too busy?"

Oh, what a harmonious family. Dad, mom, and Hyung couldn't stop worrying about Choi Suho. And that boy just laughed at being bombarded with questions.

Sweat ran down my neck when they started talking about Suho's bruises. It's terrifying to imagine how much my whole family would peck at me if they knew I hit him.

"Hey, why are you so quiet? Suho is here."

"They're fighting."

It was Mom who intercepted. Seriously, Mrs. Park.

"You're fighting?"

My brother rolled his eyes. His fierce-looking eyes looked like he was ready to kill a person.

"I did something wrong with Yeol."

"It must be Yeol who got upset first. You don’t do that to anyone else. You always did that to Suho only."

No matter what Suho did, I would definitely be the villain. When surrounded by Hyung,  Dad and ISuho looked like a prince. A prince and his three loyal lackeys. Oh, in school, I heard a rumour that said I was  Choi Suho’s bully. When in reality, I was more a nanny than a lackey or bully.

"The one who did wrong is Choi Suho."

"Suho?"

"Suho is a quiet boy, how could he ever do that? No one takes care of you more than him."

Soon, my father and brother joined in on pissing me off. My whole family had always been like this. They were so into Suho.

I stopped wondering if I should defend myself. Will there ever come a day when other people would finally find out how cruel this a**hole was to me? The world felt so unfair because I was the only one who knew the real Choi Suho.

"It's done."

Dad started stacking crabs on his plate. Reddish crab shells glistened under the light. It smelled delicious, but in front of me was a face I didn't want to see. I hadno appetite.

I started fiddling around with my scissors too, but then chunks of crab leg meat were piled up on my plate.

“What’s this?”

It was Choi Suho's doing.

"You like the legs," he answered smiling.

Are you doing this on purpose to make me look petty? It would be very satisfying if I could get mad at him for this reason, but Choi Suho was always like this.

According to my mother, I was strong but my hands lacked the skill of a delicate touch. So, I messed up anything with a peel of any kind, everything from shrimps to oranges I’d ruin. Anytime I peeled an orange, it would get crushed instead and become inedible.

Seeing me struggling one day, Suho helped me peel the rest of my oranges. A perfectly skinned orange, not one that only had one edible half and a completely juiced other half. I took what Choi Suho gave me and ate it. Since then, without being asked, it had become Suho's habit to peel anything of mine that needed to be peeled.

"Thank you," I said, despite the awkward situation.

Choi Suho nodded his head happily.

Whatever, for now, I just want to finish devouring this hot and delicious crab meat paying no attention to Choi Suho's eyes that kept staring at me the whole time I was eating.

Finished with my crabs, I got up from my seat. I couldn't bear those stares of Suho's any longer.

"Where are you going?"

"My room. I'm done."

"There's still some more."

"I'm full, and..."

I need to control my weight. I almost said that. Even though I did not have to do it again now.

My eyes crossed with my brother's own who was still sitting eating his crab. I had no choice but to look away, feeling his sharp, pointed eyes pierce through me―my brother's eyes were naturally shaped like that by the way.

Then I walked away to my room. When I tried to close the door, it was suddenly blocked, leaving just small gapt. I frowned at the sudden resistance, and Choi Suho's voice was heard from beyond the slightly open door.

"Let me in."







PREV  •  TOC  •  NEXT