TL cheev4  •  ED pomegranad
R34d at bigbutad0rable. bl0gspot. c0m

My house was just around the corner. I usually ran until I was completely exhausted, but I didn't feel like running more today.

"I'm back."

"So early? Ah, did you leave your phone?"

My mom poked her head out of a room halfway as I passed through the living room.

"Uh-huh. I don't usually bring my phone with me when working out."

"Kiyoung was calling you earlier. I was going to pick up, but decided not to."

"Suho's manager?"

Kiyoung was Suho's only remaining manager. There were supposed to be two, but Suho fired the other for some reason. That kid always behaved all strange whenever he was struggling with his busy schedule. So Kiyoung was the only one who had to deal with Choi Suho's ghastly temper and strict standards.

Kiyoung was very nice. Like a lot. And according to Choi Suho, he kind of looked like me.

"Wonder why Kiyoung is looking for me."

"I don't know. Maybe about Suho's job? Call him and ask. He made a lot of calls, it seemed really urgent."

Ah, yes. Of course, it's about Suho's job. Why else would Kiyoung-Hyung contact me? He had nothing to do with me otherwise.

"Son, I'm going to head by the post office and bank. There's some rice and soup in the kitchen. Eat up, alright?."  

"Okay."

I walked into my room and looked around for my cell phone. I finally found it tucked under my bedsheet. Just like my Mom said, there were a lot of missed calls. The last call was made less than 10 minutes ago.

Guessing it was urgent, I dialed Kiyoung-Hyung’s number. He must have gotten a real headache from all this.

"Hello―"

"Yeol!" A voice on the other side yelled immediately, voice almost too desperate.  

- Do you know where Suho is now?"

"Yes? Choi Suho?"

- We were supposed to see the CEO today, but he disappeared while I was away. I can't reach him. He’s not at his house either.  

"Did he turn off his phone?"

- No, it's on. But he won't pick up. We could postpone the meeting with the CEO, but I'm worried. Maybe it's because of the tight schedule but Suho has been nervous lately. He even got hurt! And yet still insisted on doing a live broadcast with a bruised face. And yesterday he went to the emergency room right after he was done with his job.

I kept my mouth shut while Kiyoung-Hyung spat out panicked words, Mainly because I was too shocked at the idea of Choi Suho being sick to muster up a reply. It was so severe he had to go to the emergency room.

"I'll call him."  

- I think he got a fever.

"I'll call you back when I get in touch with him."

- Yes, please. Thanks a lot, Yeol.

Kiyoung sounded really stressed and wretched, he must be panicking. I hung up the phone and dialed Suho's number right away. He might not pick it up, but just in case―

- Yeol?

He picked up almost too soon. The dialling tone couldn’t even manage two beeps. It bewildered me. This was a little bit strange. I think Kiyoung-Hyung knew Choi Suho better than I did.

"Where are you?"

- Home.

"Kiyoung-Hyung said you're not at home."

- On my way home...

"Are you sure? So you're going home now? I'm coming then."

- I'm on my way to your house, not mine...

Suho answered, his voice faltering with every word.

"Agh, stop talking in riddles.  Kiyoung-Hyung said you have work today. You should be at work so why are you coming to my place?"

- I'm almost there.

"Hey, Choi Suho. Hey..."

The basteerd just cut off the call instead of replying. I was about to ask him if he was really sick and why he didn't even tell me. I thought of how much thinner Suho looked recently. I knew he was busy, but I didn't expect he would work himself sick. As Kiyoung-Hyung said, Suho took care of himself and hadn't been sick since middle school. And funnily enough, I would be the one who was pained whenever he did get a cold.

Suho got sick easily when he was younger. And each time that happened, I had to be next to him.

I couldn't believe I didn't realize that Suho was sick. My stomach clenched.

‘Was Suho okay?’

It was hard to just wait. I got up from my seat to wait for him since he said that he was almost here. I opened the front door and walked to the porch. Choi Suho was already standing there.

He, armed in a heavily worn hat, a face mask, and pair of dark sunglasses, stared at me. I could still recognize him with only a glance through all his layers. I could recognize him even if he were wearing a doll mask or something over his actual face. It's just that there's this intuitive feeling.  

"Are you going to be mad?"

He took off his sunglasses. I finally sawSuho's downcast eyes.

"Why would I?"

"You told me not to come, but here I am...in the middle of my schedule."  

"So you do know  what you did was wrong."

"Don't be angry."

His muffled voice softened me, almost automatic.

"Come in first."





PREV  •  TOC  •  NEXT